Coaches and staff
Coaches at the Golden Hawks Curling High Performance Centre include:
- Gary Crossley: Director of the Golden Hawks Curling HPC, Gary is a certified Level 3 CCA coach and has coached a variety of sports, including track and field, for over three decades. Gary is the head coach of the Wilfrid Laurier University curling program for both men and women.
- Maurice Wilson: is an NCCP Level 3 certified coach for curling and has coached 12 teams to the provincials and three to national finals. Maurice is currently the women’s varsity curling coach at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Jim Waite: Jim is one of the most experienced curling coaches in Canada with decades of experience coaching at national, world, and Olympic championships and is currently the High Performance Coach for the OCA. Jim serves as the liaison between the HPC and the Canadian Curling Association and the Ontario Curling Association.
- David Kaun: is NCCP Competition Coach trained, a former Laurier varsity player, and is the coach of the Wilfrid Laurier University junior varsity men’s and women’s teams.
- Glenn Paulley: is an NCCP Level 2 certified coach for curling (Level 3 trained), and is the convener and lead coach of the junior program at the Elmira and District Curling Club in Elmira, Ontario. He is a member of the Zone 12 clinic team of instructors for the Ontario Curling Association.
Staff associated with the Golden Hawks Curling High Performance Centre are:
- Jamie Carlson: The head athletic therapist at Wilfrid Laurier University, Jamie provides athletic therapy and injury assessment to HPC athletes and advises on strength and conditioning.
- Shawn Mathers: Shawn provides fundraising and fiscal management expertise to the Golden Hawks Curling High Performance Centre.
- Katie Neil: An accomplished curler in her own right, Katie has decades of organizational, fundraising, and coaching experience with little rock, bantam, high school, and junior curling programs. Katie provides talent identification expertise to the HPC Board of Directors.
- Jill Tracey: An assistant professor in Wilfrid Laurier’s department of Kinesiology and Physical Education, Jill provides consulting in the areas of team dynamics and mental preparation to High Performance Centre athletes.