In addition to promoting and reporting on the success of the varsity curling program at Wilfrid Laurier University, the Golden Hawks High Performance Centre site is becoming the most active and comprehensive coaching resource for the sport of curling available.
- Strategy and Tactics: articles on strategy, shot selection, tactics, and pointers to resources that can help your team.
- Team Dynamics: articles by coaches Bill Tschirhart, Lyndsay Sparkes, Maurice Wilson, and Toby McDonald can give you ideas for how to explore the issues of team dynamics.
- Mental Preparation: In curling, proper mental preparation is essential to prevent “competitive breakdown” of one’s curling delivery. At the end of the day, the use of imagery, focus practice, rehearsal, self-talk, and other techniques are ways to combat that competitive breakdown so that the athlete can, under pressure, perfectly execute the necessary shots.
- Drills: Curling drills, including Bill Tschirhart’s comprehensive “Drills to die for”.
- Technique: technical articles on the sport of curling: ice reading, brushing, and the delivery, along with instructional and coaching tips.