Sessions and fees
The following table outlines the current fee schedule for the different sessions offered by the Centre. For convenience, the fee schedule is available as a PDF file.
All fees are subject to change.
On-ice HPC sessions at the K-W Granite Club are held Sunday mornings from 9:00am – 11:00am. Alternate times or locations for both on-ice and off-ice sessions are possible by consulting with the Director.
The High-Performance Centre offers a variety of on-ice and off-ice technical sessions including:
- Setup: An on-ice, in-depth analysis of the proper technique for set-up in the hack, and delivery mechanics including balance.
- Grips, releases, rotations and line of delivery: Examination of the impact of the grip and release of the stone. Also, the importance of the number of rotations is presented in this session. The last part of the session deals with line of delivery, using a laser for confirming accuracy.
- Brushing mechanics: The impact of sweeping, and the proper techniques to maximize sweeping performance, are the focus of this session.
- Strategy: Using the Protecting, Probing, and Pursuing National Team approach to strategy, including the game plan, end plan, and a discussion of the factors that influence shot selection.
- Split timing and on-ice team communication: Explanation of the various split timing techniques used in the modern game, as well as effective and complimentary on-ice communication techniques.
- Video analysis: A detailed video analysis of a player’s delivery technique and sweeping mechanics.
- Team dynamics: Understand your teammates better and reduce the chance of team dynamics becoming the weak link that holds your rink’s performance back.
|A||Sport Psychology||1-2 hours||Session length varies depending on topic||$100.00|
|B||Physical Preparation||Training program||Program for 8-12 weeks||$100.00|
|C||Nutrition||1 hour||Customized to needs||$80.00|
|D||On-ice Technical||1.5 – 2 hours||
|E||On-ice video analysis||1 hour (individual)||Session for 1 person only||$80.00|
|F||On-ice video analysis||2 hours (team)||Session for 4-person team||$160.00|
|G||Off-ice sport-specific||1.5 hours||
|H||Anchor Team (A Package)||7 sessions||
Sessions customized to teams’ specific needs:
Teams who have players that are not members of the K-W Granite Club may have an additional ice fee if sessions are run at the Granite Club.
|I||Anchor Team (B Package)||7 Sessions plus High Performance Camp||
As per Anchor Team “A Package” + the August High Performance Camp (Value $800).
|J||Club-based High Performance Clinic||Six hours (includes lunch)||
Designed to give the “club curler” up-to-date information to improve their game. Sessions include:
Each session is 1 hour in length.
|$35 per curler|
|K||Custom Club Clinics||Negotiable||1/2 Day or higher-level clinics||TBD|